Open Source

>> Saturday, December 19, 2009


Googling for free image editing software, and it struck me, again, how awesome 'open source' is. I was tempted to go down the piracy route and download a copy of Photoshop, BUT, I wanted to see what free stuff was out there, and also I am in a bit of a rush and couldn't be bothered scouring torrent sites for a good version of Photoshop nor waiting for however long i would take to download.

Anyway, the other night, 2 of my friends had to apply for their Cambodian visa's. They reached a stage where they had to print but we had no access to a printer. So, I tried to see if we could print to a PDF document, but the laptop did not have Acrobat installed. Then I tried copying to word document, but the copy of Microsoft Office installed on that laptop was illegal and had been deactivated... so 2nd time fail.
Finally, i got the idea to try Google Docs. And you know what, it worked like a charm. I was able to copy the webpage into google docs, and from there export it out as a PDF. I am so PRO-GOOGLE at the moment, I could shout it out from the rooftops... if I wasn't so self conscious.

Anyway just installed GIMP and giving it a run through, I should have images up very soon!

Laters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP