iPhone Condom

>> Monday, June 28, 2010

An interesting marketing campaign by DUREX, the condom makers ;)



My initial thoughts was "cool!", but then it succumbed to scepticism as to how successful it will really be in terms of encouraging guys to use condoms. I mean, it'll have the fun element at first with everyone rubbing iphone's, so the viral part of it will definitely have a great 'viral' kick-off. It will definitely get annoying after a while, no doubt, especially if it is, from what I gather, a very hard app to get rid off unless you actually go and buy an actual durex pack. And I know that's the point, but will it really make guys more condom conscious?
But then I remember, this marketing tactic, more than anything, is to market the brand itself, DUREX, and anything that gets people talking about a brand and imprinted in the mind as the first association to a product (in this case, condoms, or even contraceptives in general).

It's been a while since I did the introductory Advertising/Marketing subject, so forgive any of my over simplistic evaluation/terminology - I just wanted to put my 2 cents worth on something that I reckon is interesting in terms of the use of new media in marketing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP