>> Sunday, June 6, 2010

Changed the name of my project to "My Accented Lens".

The change came upon further reflection of the title 'The Slanted Screen' - it was referring to how representations of the Asian male was slanted or skewed, and thus referring to the racist connotations of the term Slant.

It would only be appropriate for my project if I was exploring the negative and stereotypical representations of Asians by non-Asian filmmakers. However, my project is about me dealing with my Asian-Australian heritage through filmmaking, and through my own lens. If i called it Slanted Lens, I would be referring to myself as a Slant. This of course can have it's positives for certain themes of Asian representations in Western media, but it's not specifically related to what I want to say in my project. It is far from it, though it does deal with it somewhat in one of the projects that I am currently developing and hoping to pitch. More on that after this Friday!

Anyway, settled on My Accented Lens since I have been using Hamid Naficy's 'An Accented Cinema' to frame my project, and since it's from my perspective as a filmmaker, thus me looking through my lens... you get the imagery.

Anyway here's a preview of what the main menu looks like. The transition is cooler, but no time to upload that - I shouldn't' even be on here writing this! gargh!!!


Wish me luck guys... :s

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP